Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A birthday card


A card for a friend's birthday.
Despite my best intentions, there have not been 
cards for all occasions this year.
There have been some more spontaneous cards, though,
some "hello" cards, and "get well soon".

This particular friend with a birthday this weekend 
will be amazed to receive her card on time for once.
Unfortunately she had to move to the other side of the country
for it to happen :-(


I've been tidying my craft room lately,
and am determined to use up my scraps.
This card was put together using a flower
I made a few years ago,
and some pretty patterned paper from my stash,
all retired Stampin' Up! products.

The fact is, I have way too many scraps of retired and current card
not to mention lots of stamped images and embellishments and pretty papers.
I'm planning to make cards all year and then hold a stall
with all proceeds going to Compassion.
That's the plan, anyway.

* * *

In other news, today is the 6-week mark since my ear surgery.
While I'm mostly better, I am still dizzy occasionally and tireder than usual.
I'm expecting it to take another 6 weeks or so to get back to my full strength,
and am holding off getting back into some activities until next term.
So I'm still taking each day as it comes, and am enjoying ...

slower mornings

crocheting & knitting 

sitting on the verandah in the cool late afternoon, under a rug

sunshowers

working through shorter to-do lists

reading in the afternoons by the heater

watching some old shows

feeling more relaxed with a few less activities on.

What are you enjoying these days?


4 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I am glad to know that you are still improving and that you are taking things slowly but surely, that is definitely the best way to recover from something like this I am sure. Your description of your day sounds lovely! Here's to you being totally yourself again in another 6 weeks! xx

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Hi Fiona,

I had the very best of intentions that 2014 was going to be the year "everyone gets a card" but I've failed dismally. Sigh. You've done well to do the ones you have done and I'm sure your friend will be tickled pink to receive your card.

Hope you continue to recover well and enjoy some of those lovely activities on your list there...

Mel x

lucent imagery said...

Yes, be kind to yourself following the surgery. I can imagine it would have a strong impact. Thank you for your comment on my blog recently! I wish you well in your recovery. Love the list of things you're enjoying.

Gillian Roe said...

It's so nice to send handmade cards, but not always possible. There is always that unexpected or unplanned occasion. Your card is lovely.

I was interested to read about your ear issues and operation - gosh, what a lot you've had to contend with. I hope you continue to recover and get your strength back - in the meantime, I'd continue working through that wonderful-sounding list!

Gillian x