Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Overwhelmed.


Still here.
Wishing my dining table still looked like this.
Not coping very well at all with back-to-school,
back-to-teaching, or back-to-bananas, sadly.


But thankful for a husband and friends to pick up the pieces;
And for leftovers for dinner.
And knowing that this time and these overwhelmed,
out-of-control feelings and symptoms will pass.

And most of all today, I remembered this:

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

    
He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters,
     he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk

    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

- Psalm 23


2 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Hugs. xx

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

I'm anticipating similar feelings after the kids go back tomorrow - I always think there'll be some breathing space but it's usually the opposite with all the back-to-school stuff/preparation etc that has to be done...hang in there x