Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thoughts on a clear surface



For a brief moment one day last week,
our dining table was tidy.


Such a rare occurence that the camera 
had to come out to record it.

I guess I should appreciate that piles
on the table often means good things are going on,
and going on here, rather than who-knows-where,
but right now I could do with 
the serenity of a clear surface a lot more often,
and not just when we are expecting a visitor.

To me, a clear surface offers possibilities.
Possible art.
Possible sewing.
Possible cups of tea with a neighbour.
Possible writing of plans, big or small.
Possible dinner guests.
Possible bible reading.
Possible learning & notetaking.
Possible candlelit dinners.
Possible clear thinking.

One of my aims for the year is to keep
the dining table and kitchen bench
as uncluttered as possible.
(I really like this idea )
even if two teenage girls have other ideas.

And then I'll see where the possibilities 
take me.

3 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

It is wonderful when you have a clear space ahead of you isn't it! xx

Anonymous said...

A clear dining room table brings me joy also (as much as a cluttered table overwhelms me).

I really like the link you shared. I can't ever imagine being able to reset to zero - but it's something nice to aim for ;-)

Anonymous said...

A clear dining room table brings me joy also (as much as a cluttered table overwhelms me).

I really like the link you shared. I can't ever imagine being able to reset to zero - but it's something nice to aim for ;-)