Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve goodness


Last night the temperature dropped.

We all baked Christmas cookies.

Even Steve.






This morning I found two black prince cicadas 

on the front fence.


After dropping Emily at work,

I baked potatoes for our big Christmas dinner

at my parents' tomorrow.



which smells amazing;

custard and a capoko cake

(carrot, pear & choko);

and was thankful for the cool weather

as I was busy in the warm kitchen.


Santa has just driven by, 

courtesy of our local Rural Fire Service


... so now it really feels like Christmas Eve!




The turkey is in the oven for our own 

(not so) little Christmas Eve Dinner tonight.

Time to set the table, 

bake some veges,

light the candles,

sing carols,

and enjoy being together,

all the year's work done.


1 comment:

Amy at love made my home said...

Well it is Christmas Day with you now! I hope that you are having a great day.

Happy Christmas and best wishes for a great New Year. xx