Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Chrysanthemums & Candlelight


Another dark, damp, winter morning.


Time for candles


and flowers


and reflections.


These chrysanthemums were part of a bouquet


that Mum gave me last week

to thank me for all the preparations 

for her birthday party.


Now they shine in little bunches in silver.


Last day of a difficult term.


Today I am ...

once again home with a sick child;

not feeling 100% myself;

filling my living room with drying laundry;

grateful for flowers, family, and friends;

and

wishing Jacqui a very Happy 40th Birthday!

2 comments:

simmone said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. Beautiful flowers, very cosy looking at your place, it's rainy and chilly here as well.

Hill upon Hill said...

Oh thankyou, I had such warm wishes that I had a lovely day, despite the weather. Loved 'chillin' to the CD you gave to me from Tasmania.