Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chalk Paints!


After many months of waiting,

I discovered that Annie Sloan Chalk Paints

are now sold in Australia!

I ordered a beginner's bundle

from here on Friday,

And look at what just arrived on my doorstep!

Woohoo!

Much faster than I expected.

I can't wait to start painting.

These are the main candidates

for a chalk paint makeover:


our dresser by the dining table,

currently a honey pine colour,

still in good condition but 

I think a painted piece would 

make for a calmer living room.

This will be painted in Old White.

I'm planning to get some pewter knobs

and distress it a little.


The hutch in my craft room

was always going to be painted.

I've just been waiting for the paint!

This was an ebay purchase

with help from Linda.

I think this will be painted in Duck Egg Blue

and I have some fun knobs already to use on this.

First we need to work on the little 

doors at the top, they are a bit tight

and need to be cut down a little.


*

The bundle above cost a small fortune,

as do all craft supplies here in Australia.
  
But from all I read, it's worth it

in the savings on time and products

normally used for preparation,

not to mention in the quality

of the finished job.

I'm looking forward to getting started

on these two projects that I've been 

dreaming about for so long.

In the meantime, I have a few little 

projects to do first

to try out the paints.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Justjen said...

I've been checking out this paint too, I know it's not cheap. Will be interested what you think of it. No prep work sounds pretty good to me :-)