Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mug Cozy


I've been sick with a cold this week.

So there's been plenty of this:


... morning tea ... plus books, crafts, tissues 
and protactors (?) piled up around me ...
I've barely left the living room -
last night I even had to sleep there,
sitting upright in an armchair
rather than cough all night lying in bed.


But today, while I had to stay home from bible study,
I decided to do something productive
and knitted a cozy (cosy?) for my tea cup.


Now that winter has hit,
I like to have a cup of hot water
while I'm teaching piano.
(alas, no tea these days )
But opportunities to sip 
are few and far between
and my water is cold before I get to drink it.

Not anymore!


Some simple rib and stocking stitch,
3 crocheted loops
and 3 vintage buttons.
All enjoyed while watching
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day.


Just what the doctor ordered.


1 comment:

Bec S said...

What a clever idea! Hope you are feeling much better soon, Bec :)