Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Knitted Hangers - Bunchy Bloomers and Clean Striped


Steve gave me the lovely Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Knitting for Christmas.



(which I actually found for myself a few days before, on special!)

and I couldn't get knitting soon enough.

On Christmas night,

Steve headed off to bed with a migraine :-(

and I sat down to watch

my new DVD 

Lark Rise to Candleford

and knit.

I needed something quick and easy with little

decision-making involved.



I chose the Bloomer pattern hanger from the book

and a pale yellow acrylic yarn from my stash

and got knitting.


Then I added some cuteness.


Done!

Not as bloomer-looking as Jane's, perhaps, but satisfying nonetheless.

* * * 

This week the knitting bug caught again 

and I craved stripes in cotton.


I started knitting up some cotton yarns from my stash

which are really too pale to go with most of my cotton yarns.

 

And then for some contrast on one side I added a few brighter coral stripes.


After a couple of nights of watching 

Mentalist and Band of Brothers 

it was finished.  

No rush here,

the pleasure is in the knitting

and the mixing of colours.


I sewed it over an old satin-covered hanger

And I love it.

But perhaps it needs something else?

A little more aqua?



Too floppy


Better.

Or maybe I'll go back to the plain, striped look?


Next up, something more ambitious ....

No comments: