Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Lilies by the letterbox



The lilies are back again this year.
(Can it really be two years since I wrote that post??
I could have sworn it was last year)


These lilies pop up each February now near our letterbox.


Since we didn't plant them
or plan them,
I guess some people might call them weeds.


But really, how could you?
They are just so beautiful.
(especially when I crop out the deadish straggly plants around them)


I love this photo, it reminds me so of a lady in a pink ballgown
daintily picking up her skirts.


Just before I went inside, the sun came out!
Look how the light shines through the petals!


And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labour or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.
- Matthew 6:28-29

No comments: