Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Butterfly Mobile - Beautiful Butterflies


I told you that I would share about the butterfly theme for Laura's birthday.
A few weeks back we bought a new dress for Laura which she decided to save till her birthday party.


You can just see the butterflies here on the dress.
So Laura decided she would like a butterfly theme for the party.
She actually had another butterfly party when she was turning 5, and her little friends all dressed as butterflies - very cute!
This time we just went for a butterfly mobile and butterfly cookies.
Unfortunately I never photographed the butterfly cookies, th0ugh!

The mobile I made with my Stampin' Up! Big Shot and die Beautiful Butterflies.
I cut out heaps of butterflies, we arranged them in graduating colours, then I ran them through the sewing machine leaving a space between each.


We hung them from the light/fan over the dining table.
They looked pretty spectacular!
(But hard to photograph, with the light behind them).


The other thing we decorated using the Beautiful Butterflies die were the lolly bags. I bought pink bags from the $2 shop and I cut and Laura embossed butterflies to decorate them.


Now that it's time to put up Christmas decorations I'm trying to figure out a way to hang the mobile in the girls' bedroom, not a quick job with our 10ft ceilings ...

No comments: