Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kindness Rewarded


We are enjoying our Christmas Tree in our living room, with its red, white, green and gold ornaments and twinkling lights. This was an ornament I made last year when I was playing with my new Nestabilities dies.


Our tree belonged to my family and I remember as a child it seemed so tall. For the last few years I've taken a photo of each of my daughters by the tree to record their height. Emily can stretch right to the top now!

I can't believe she is leaving primary school and going to high school next year. Today we had a lovely surprise at the school Presentation Day when Emily was awarded the school Citizenship Award. The Principal had some lovely things to say about Emily being a quiet person, but someone who made a difference. The teachers have noticed her over the years being kind to other children and always helpful and thoughtful towards others.

Just yesterday I noticed her quietly helping to get her classroom ready after our morning recorder concert, then outside in the playground she helped a younger boy untangle his schoolbag from a seat, before I even noticed that he was having trouble. I was proud enough of her then, and told her so, but today when I realised that her kindness at school has not gone unnoticed by the principal and teachers, I was ready to burst! LOL

Emily, we are so proud of you! You are growing up so beautifully. We love you!!!

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

Well done, I am bursting over here too....it is so good to do these acts of kindness quietly and before others even know that there is a need.