Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lucky Me!


This is a post I have been meaning to write for months now, I just hadn't gotten around to taking the photos.
A few months ago the lovely Linda, reader of my blog, passed on (via a mutual friend) a bag of sewing notions and braids and all sorts of goodies.

There are metres of luxurious braids as shown above, in gorgeous burgundy and gold. When I look at them my mind turns to costumes, and I feel another Regency/Jane Austen night coming on (stay tuned!)

Then there are these sweet braids which I just love. They remind me somehow of my childhood and yellow has always been one of my favourite colours.

Then there are some gorgeous laces, and all in large quantities!

I love this wide one, especially.

Then a collar or cuff ...

And some pretty laces in different styles ...


... and some pretty motifs to applique onto something ...

So you can see that I have been completely spoiled! (and completely slack in not thanking you properly, Linda!)

Not only were there all sorts of pretty things, but lots of useful notions too - bias binding, elastic, piping cord ... I am feeling all inspired to sew in the very near future!

But in the meantime am trying to sort out things, declutter, and have the house in some sort of order before school holidays begin tomorrow afternoon!

No comments: