Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Busy creating


We are enjoying the first week of the winter school holidays, and have been unusually busy for us. The girls have been going to a Narnia holiday program each morning, which they are loving. While they are gone I am running around like a headless chook tidying the house, practising Irish music, doing the washing (now we are finally having some sun), grocery shopping, and getting ready for a stamping class I'm teaching on Friday. So much to do, and so little time!

Yesterday Emily and I had a fun afternoon while Laura went to see Hannah Montana with friends. Firstly lunch at KFC, where we each tried a Krusher for the first time. We loved them and I highly recommend the Golden Gaytime flavour - that yummy flavour plus crushed ice plus crunchy cookie bits, just too scrummy (I just had deja vu while writing about the Golden Gaytime flavour - so weird!)

Then we headed to a big fabric shop and lost ourselves in quilt fabrics for a while, looking for colours and patterns to coordinate with Emily's new quilt cover for the room make-over we're planning for the girls. This is what we came home with:

aren't they just so pretty?


Then we came home and sewed them into a big bird-shaped cushion for Emily's bed. She did nearly all the sewing and cutting herself, I was so proud. We ran out of stuffing so I'll post a photo when the bird is completely finished. She is doing such a great job with this project.


Today while the girls were busy I felt the urge to create something which was not a card for once, using this cute "home sweet home" stamp (Heidi Grace).


So I went for some paperpiecing and made this to hang on a doorknob.

And finally I couldn't finish this post about creating without showing off Laura's amazing owl cake she made at the Narnia program (they have the most incredible crafts and activities!) I love that they made "feathers" by dipping a fork into molten chocolate and scraping it onto the icing.


Isn't he cute? And yummy too, although Daddy has to eat all the licorice.

No comments: