Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Making a start in the food garden

Well here are the photos I forgot to take yesterday, the weeded vege plot, and the birdbath. I still need to weed back to the fence, and pull out some agapanthus, but my back had had enough for one day, so I stopped. I'll do more gardening after Laura's flute exam tomorrow, when my hands are not so vital (I'm accompanying her on piano, and yesterday after gardening could hardly move my swollen left hand!)


And here is my birdbath, constructed (!) from recycled bricks and a lovely garden bowl we have had on our back step for years. Although I'm not sure it's really the right shape for a birdbath, I guess I'll have to wait and see if any birds try it!. Anyway, if nothing else, it adds a bit of ... something ... to the back garden.

No comments: