Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Food Garden - Making some progress

On the weekend we worked some more on our first vegetable plot - added some pavers round the back, weeded, and raked in some blood & bone. We've had plenty of rain so the soil is looking great. Just now I constructed a bean/pea climbing frame (experienced gardeners: please don't laugh!).


Inside I have seeds growing in toilet paper rolls, these are broccoli and they are just starting to push up out of the soil. When they have grown enough I will plant the seedling, together with the toilet roll into the soil, and the toilet roll will decompose.

On the weekend we should enjoy our first harvest (LOL) cress and mustard!

Edited to add: I've decided to keep an online journal of my food garden adventures, where I will post more details about my vegetable growing. Please visit here if you are interested.

No comments: