Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Afternoon Tea on Good Friday

This afternoon we had afternoon tea together, minus the Brady Bunch on DVD (our usual accompaniment to weekend afternoon teas), with good china, a teapot and fresh lemon cake.



I used the old tablecloth that I have just mended, and some old Meakin china that belonged to my Nanna. Although orange is not my favourite colour this pattern has just grown on me, and I love it.

The teapot is only about 10 years old, but coordinates well with the china.

I won't be posting the recipe for this lemon cake, as it didn't turn out that well! I used my usual quick butter cake recipe, adding lemon rind and juice, and pouring hot lemon syrup over it when it came out of the oven. But it was a bit of a disaster coming out of the silicon mould (maybe too soon?) and although delicious in flavour it was a bit bland in texture, like a very average sponge cake. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. But we still enjoyed it.

Emily has started a Thursday TeaTime carnival, so why don't you join in here?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! Everything looks really yummy! The tea setting is beautiful! I especially love the tablecloth! I don't have any lace tablecloths, and I hope to buy one soon ~ they are just so pretty! Thank you for participating! Have a lovely weekend! :)