Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Forgotten Love

This last week most other things in my life have fallen by the wayside as I have become enamored again with the violin ... although now I should call it the fiddle.


I played the violin in high school as a second instrument, and although I loved playing in orchestras and chamber groups I was never a brilliant violinist (unlike my husband!) and haven't played it much in the last 20 years.


Last week at the Irish session I decided to be a closet violinist no longer. (well that's where my violin has been all this time - in the closet!) For a week now I have been practising jigs , reels and hornpipes whenever I get a chance, and my long-suffering husband has been giving me some help. My plan is to play fiddle and whistle at the session next week. (But not simultaneously) In the meantime I have a lot to learn and now a sore tight shoulder that needs relaxing, but am loving every minute.

I think it is the beauty of a violin's scroll that made me want to first learn it as a child.

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

Beautiful photo's , beautiful sound too I am sure.