Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Trip around the world ...



Did I tell you about our recent trip to the Netherlands?




No?



Well maybe because we didn't actually go quite so far ... today we had a picnic at a nearby park which has international gardens. We had lunch (bread rolls, chips and apples) and the girls played on some play equipment. After a game of frisbee we walked around the international gardens.




We had a great afternoon, but just look at the sky! We thought it would pour on us at any moment, but actually we had periods of sunshine as well.



This is the North American garden, and my favourite house. I could live here!


And don't you wish you owned this little corner of garden? I do.


This is the Australian house (of the early 1800s I'm guessing - our house is a little more civilized than this one LOL)

and the Mediterranean Garden:

and the view from the steps, with those amazing black clouds.

We had an afternoon tea at the park of lemon coconut slice and (packet) lamingtons and tea from a thermos, and made it home to rescue the washing from the 10 light raindrops which fell around 5pm. I guess those black clouds were just passing by.

7 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Wow, I love that last shot, with the black clouds and the sunshine on the grass!

Sounds like a fun place to take the kids and explore.

Amy said...

yes I do like that house and garden, I have that exact daisy plant in my garden :-)

Hill upon Hill said...

ooh is that local?

Hill upon Hill said...

Now could you stop by nice and close, I have an award for you...

Linda said...

I saw this garden on another blog, and I am so happy I saw your pics, as I saw different angles and it makes more sense etc.

Linda said...

http://photographyanonymous.blogspot.com
/search?updated-max=
2008-07-30T08%3A27%3A00%2B10%3A00

Fiona said...

Yes Linda, thanks for that link - it sure is the same place! Now I am inspired to go back on a misty day!