Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Place in the Sun


The girls have begun having flute lessons with a new teacher, on Saturday mornings. I wasn't sure how we would go having an activity (which involves me waiting for an hour, 1/2 an hour with each girl) on Saturday mornings ...

Until we found this little park just 1 minute's walk away from the teacher's home.

It is planted with natives ...


...and has a little seat positioned to catch the winter sun, which provides the perfect spot for me to sit and read while a daughter plays on the swings or climbing gym ...

... after she has done her music theory page for the week.


... and was there ever a better location for such a mundane exercise?


We have been to this little park for two Saturdays now, and each time it has been after a rainy few days or night ... last night it was blowing a gale here, but in this little park it is quite and fresh and sunny.
So now I am happy - the music theory gets done for once (no good having music teacher's children who can't write music!), I get to sit and relax and the girls get to stretch their legs. Steve might take them sometimes, in which case I will stay home for an hour ... which suits me too!

1 comment:

Amy said...

oooh you have a banksia in your garden - I love their big flowers