Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Daisies and Ginger Gems

Daisies on the windowsill in the living room.

Today, after a lazy lunch at a local park, Laura and I made Ginger Gems for afternoon tea.

The recipe is from Amy, and it was the first time I had used my gem iron in years. We joined them in pairs with whipped cream - yum!

It was the perfect opportunity to use the new yellow sandwich plate I bought yesterday. Steve and I had a child-free day so we drove through a semi-rural area near us and visited 3 interesting antique shops. The first one was my favourite, full of beautiful china from all different eras. I resisted everything but this Grindly sandwich plate, which matches a pink one I have, and I was happy to pay $8 for it to add to my collection.




I wish I took my camera yesterday, it was such a beautiful day to be driving in the "country".

Over the last few days (without the girls) we have enjoyed 3 delicious meals out, (Malaysian, Thai and a nice cafe lunch) and also saw Prince Caspian, which we really enjoyed. So we have had a nice break with lots of spoiling. But it was so nice to have our girls back again.

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

Those look delicious! I don't know if I would have had your self control in a shop full of china though! Love the plate.

Amy said...

hey Fiona, wow those look yummy! Putting cream in the middle was a great idea :-)