Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Another Pie




I must have pie on the brain. When looking round the house to pick something for this week's Vintage Thingie my eyes fell on this mug, which I think was my mother's when she was young.




Let's face it, I'm a sucker for any china with words on it, and nursery rhymes are even more appealing to me. I have the Oxford Book of Nursery Rhymes, and I wrote my final year thesis on children's singing games. And then there's the Christmas theme ... well don't get me started on Christmas this early ...


I think it is the only piece of china I have which is marked as made in Australia, this one was made in Melbourne.

8 comments:

Amy said...

awww those are cute! When I was little (in the 70's) I had a cereal bowl with little miss muffet in it :-)

Threeundertwo said...

I love it! I'm a sucker for china with writing on it too, and I'm a huge fan of nursery rhymes. What a sweet little mug!

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely little mug!

S said...

Such a pretty cup! Hard to believe that kids used to have such fragile everyday ware. I love nursery rhymes and such, too, and have started a vintage book collection, woohoo!

Kristine said...

What a cute cup!!
I always loved children's ware!

Kristine

Unknown said...

What a great mug; it seems to be in pristine condition, too!

Carrie said...

What a special heirloom from your mother.

Linda said...

I have a saucer marked Playtime by the English Johnson I think. We found it under the house.