Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stampin' Up Party

On Saturday the very talented Marelle came over and ran a Stampin' Up party here. I had about 9 guests plus lots of their daughters, and we had so much fun! As a make'n'take we made the gorgeous card above, using the Baroque Motifs set. It was so easy but so effective. I love the scallop punch, but I didn't order it this time, I do have the scallop die cuts for the Cuttlebug ...

At the party Marelle made this and presented it to me with a free stamp inside! It is a 2-4-6-8 box. The colour hasn't turned out too well, we are having very dark rainy weather here, so imagine the colours better and brighter ... and the photos less blurry!



Finally (although lots of the guests had to leave early and missed this) she made this most beautiful card. I love the stamped watermark background, the colours and the watercolouring with crayons. Just beautiful. And I was lucky enough to receive this too.


All the guests obviously loved the Stampin' Up products because they bought up big which means lots of lovely freebies for me! So thanks to friends and especially to Marelle!

Since Saturday I have been even more inspired to stamp, and the very first thing I tried that night was a version of the make'n'take using the stamps I had:


I was glad I resisted buying the Baroque Motifs, as I can manage with what I have, although the unmounted SeeDs don't stamp quite as well as wood-mounted stamps. But I would definitely recommend the Baroque set to anyone else, it is gorgeous! Instead of using a scallop circle I overlapped 2 large daisy punches. One thing I did order was the 1 1/4" circle punch, so looking forward to having that.

This was an experiment mixing dye pads and Brilliance on a new acrylic stamp from Rhonna Farrer, it looks clearer in real life. The white plant is stamped with a See D stamp, and the thankyou from Hero Arts.

This is one of my all-time favourite sets from Hero Arts, I love the 20s style, but I hadn't used them for ages, so I was happy when I made this:

I love my new rhinestone brads!


You can see I'm getting into the slit punch edges too. Lots of fun (now that I know how to do them LOL)

We set up a trestle table on Saturday for the girls to do some craft too, and fortunately it is still out. It is the perfect spot for it, right near my supplies, I can swing around and grab whatever I need. Unfortunately it kind of blocks the way to the laundry, so it can't stay there forever. Today I am preparing to teach cardmaking to my craft group, so it's good to have the extra space to spread out the kits and supplies.

So ... lots of stamping happening here. I guess I should do some housework as well ....?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a really fun night! I've heard of Stampin' Up, but never been to a party. I'd want to buy everything!