Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

One little nose knows


Tonight, feeling energetic after the success of the piano recital, I decided to make our favourite Easy Granola from Laine's Recipes. I began about 9pm and about 9.15 Emily stumbled out of bed, eyes shielded from the light and exclaimed "I smell honey!"

I guess that's what happens if you are foolish enough not to love honey. You can even detect it in your half-asleep state. At least the adults of the family will appreciate it in our breakfast bowls tomorrow morning.

The picture above is a page from my all-time favourite book from my very young childhood, My First Book. I have protected this book from being thrown out for years. I love the illustrations (oh the shine on the honey jar), the rhymes and the predictability of the little girl's day.

No comments: