Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Second-hand goodness



As promised here are my finds from our little break at the beach. Although the photo is not so great, it's a bit grey here.

On top, from an op shop a sweet pink embroidered tablecloth, (plus 3 napkins to match), then below that a (new) remnant of pink-spotted calico which will hopefully line a bag, make an apron and cover a director chair (it always pays to check down arcades and alleys for hidden fabric shops!). Below the calico is some linen printed ready to embroider with large roses. Since large roses are not really my thing and there are plenty of empty rose-less squares I will cut it up to embroider smaller items. Lovely to have some linen so cheap!
Then finally in the linen section I found this little lyellow inen placemat which I brought home and embroidered this cupcake in one corner, while the girls made 3D felt cupcakes. It was so quick and fun to do, so I am inspired to do more :-)

As well as the above we came out of that one great opshop with good-quality embroidered jeans for Em ($6), DVDs (Little Lord Fauntleroy and Around the world in 80 days) 50c each! and books for me:

The Grasmere Journals (Dorothy Wordsworth) - am reading now, a very interesting look at real life in 1800 for a woman (although she did have servant/s and a poet for a brother!

Chocolat - which I wanted to own

The Tenant of Wildfell Hall - Bronte which I read years ago

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

Ibsen's The Dolls House and other plays

The Simple Life - Lauren Wells

The Snow Pony - Alison Lester

plus (sorry to say) a Princess Diaries book I was missing from my last bookfair collection!

all $2 each or less

So lots of varied reading for me!

It was so exciting to find all that great stuff in the one and only op shop around near our B&B!

No comments: